First Baptist Church in Beverly Mission Trips

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

We Shrink By One

It seemed Gary had just arrived (well, he had!) and now he's gone again.  Nancy was taken to the hospital and needs to have surgery so he has flown home to be with her.  Our prayers go with him and we ask that you also keep them both in your hearts and minds.

This will just be a brief post as Emmett is napping and I've yet to get pics downloaded.  I will say that we had a very informative talk with Butch Artichoker last night about Lakota spirituality.  He told us about the Sun Dance and about the rites connected to the Peace Pipe.

I'm hoping that Emmett and I will get to see some work sites later today and will for sure have pictures to share.

That's all for now!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Will keep Nancy/Gary in prayer. Miss you incredibly! Your pix make me miss my old home in eastern WY so very much. At least y'all got a little hill-i-ness in SD. Up in ND it is flatter than my counter tops. Different than Montana in all ways, huh?
    KA at Pine Ridge is hoping none of you are wearing "colors". (her words) and praying for y'all.
    SAD & TEJ are hoping you're staying cooler than you would be here at home. Keep the pix coming, as you're able, your specific job on this trip is making me want to knit again...must be tough...knowing you have to give him back. lol
    Love ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home