First Baptist Church in Beverly Mission Trips

Thursday, August 02, 2012

A Very Looooong First Day....

...but I learned several things.  First and foremost, knitting while in the truck is much easier when you aren't the one driving.  But seriously, I would NEVER knit and drive!  What if I hit a bump and dropped a stitch??!!

Funniest sign so far, while driving thought upstate new York:
"Correctional Facility Ahead.  Don't Pick Up Any Hitchhikers"

Yep, that's a true store right there.

Currently in Sandusky OH at about 8:30pm.  There are strange creatures in the trees overhead that I'm convinced want to eat me.  Cicadas?  I don't know.  I'm thinking Langoliers.  (Any Stephen King fans out there?!)

So, I know you've been waiting anxiously to see them, so I will keep you in suspense no longer.  I give you......COWS!

They were across the highway from a rest area.  I just liked them so here they are for you to enjoy.

Since I know you love pics, here's the trailer just before it was closed and locked for the trip:

Despite his protestations we DID NOT let Bill back his kayak, even though we clearly had room for it.

And one last pic, of a cool hotel across from a gas station in PA.  I don't know the name but I really want to stay there sometime:

As I unplugged my camera from the computer I got a message that said "There are no pictures in memory."  Maybe not in the camera's, but there are in mine, for sure.

See you in St. Charles!


3 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Cindy,
    I tried to send you two comments so far but I must not be doing something right. So I will try again today. Do you think I could be tired?? Glad your first day went well but it is such a LONG ride - I know that road well. From 1970-75 I taught in Zion, Ill. and traveled it from Beverly to Zion also stopping in Sandusky. I used to think I would never get through New York State. How is the knitting coming? What exciting things did you see today? Safe travel tomorrow as you travel the last leg of your journey.

    Suzanne

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Cindy,
    I hope I did it right this time.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hahahahahah!!! Langoliers indeed!!!! hahahah
    Watch out for them!!!!
    Enjoying your pics so far...where are you today? Whenever we had to cross Ohio (often) we would stop in Kirkland, OH to recoup. That was then...Never minded OH, but had horrible time getting thru IN...Gary, IN, IN, Gary...(it's a song)
    MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!!!!! What are you working on? Tray says Hey, girlfriend, miss ya...:-)
    Praying for your safety...(y'all) xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home