First Baptist Church in Beverly Mission Trips

Monday, August 09, 2010

Home Sweet Home!


This was on the way home. Instead of a mini-van, Julie got to drive a new black Chevy Suburban. So, of course, we had to make sure she had the outfit to match!


So, I'm not entirely sure if anyone will see this last post, but I'm hoping at least some folks check in. I'm downloading my pics right now and will try to get a few up, so that you can have a sense of where we've been and what we accomplished.

The new back porch and skirting on Daryl's trailer. Oh, and Alison in her "fort!"


Kayley cuts the skirting as Gary, Julie, and Faith supervise. Thankfully, they later found an easier way to accomplish this.

The view from a rest area in Maryland that we stopped at on the way home. So beautiful!

The house we painted. I don't care what anyone thinks...I love this color!

Part of the front porch crew at Daryl's, hard at work, with Avis supervising. Daryl loved this deck so much!

So that's just a very small sampling of what our week was like. Stay tuned to the FBC webpage for more information about Mission Sunday, when you'll here some reflections and get to see more pics of our time in WV.

Thank you, faithful readers, for following us and being encouraging. I imagine we'll start fundraising pretty soon for our next trip, due in 2 years. We hope you'll continue to support us in prayer as we faithfully try to live God's word in the world. God bless!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Cindy,

    Thanks for showing some of your pictures. The house looks great even though it is not the color I would have chosen. Remember the "apple green" garage we painted in Rocky Mount? I guess I just have boring New England taste.

    Thanks again for all you did as well as helping me feel connected with your daily postings. Even though I wasn't physically with you I was with you in spirit and always looked forward to the news.

    Suzanne

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Loyce said…

    Hello,

    Sorry to be late checking out this latest posting that you had promised. I'm so glad that I did though because your photos are great. It's wonderful to see results of your week of hard work. The houses and trailer look terrific, and I'm sure that the residents must be thrilled.

    This blog has been even more successful than the last one, and has given those of us at home a wonderful view into the mission trip that the church has planned for the last two years. Thanks very much to Cindy for setting it up and serving as the primary editor and writer, and to top-notch co-writers Julie and Pam.

    My impressions of the strengths of this particular trip have been two-fold:

    (1) It's very inspirational that such a diverse group of men, women, teenagers and youth worked together so well in challenging circumstances, each contributing in their own way to the tasks at hand, and getting along so well. I'm sure this mission "culture" is a reflection of the group's leadership and its evolution over time. We can all learn from your example.

    (2) The amount of high quality work that the group accomplished and the efficiency of the workers is truly awesome!

    A very impressive and rewarding trip - congratulations to all!

    Loyce

     

Post a Comment

<< Home