First Baptist Church in Beverly Mission Trips

Friday, August 08, 2014

The Last Sleep

   First, please accept my apologies for not blogging each day.  I've been more worn out than I expected to be so I go to bed usually right after our group meeting.  Yesterday, I left here at 2:30pm with Julie, Jim, Matt, and Emmett and drove then 4 1/2 hours to the Charlotte NC airport so that they could get home early. Julie has a wedding tomorrow and Matt is at Logan right now getting ready to go to Denmark with his school.  I stayed overnight and drove home, arriving back here at 1:30pm today. It was a rainy day on the road so the drive took a little longer than I thought it would. These windy mountain roads are tough in the rain.
     I haven't gotten any picture of us playing yet, but I do have some of the work sites. Here are some of the highlights:

                                                  One of our great work groups, obviously happy!

 Doris Ann and Liz, getting ready to go to the local elementary school with seashells and books from Suzanne Harlow.
                                                            A work group being all porch spindly!

                                                                   Our youngest mission trippers.

                                                      The ladies dorm.  Look at those smiling faces!

                                                         Our common eating, playing, meeting space.
This whole field was dirt. We raked all the rocks out of it, spread seed, fertilizer and straw. We did this "landscaping" to several fields this week. And some after it rained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home